Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rick Nash

Firstly, I am a die hard Rangers fan. I follow every game and have watched every game for the past 5 years. I started watching hockey when I started playing hockey and my style of goaltending was based off Lundqvist, with my own twist. It was my own twist because I don't play ice hockey and someone else's style in anything will never be my style. I have always liked doing my own thing.

So when I saw the Rangers were trying to get Nash I didn't want the Rangers to get him. Yes, the Rangers needed a goal scorer but at the time the price was too high and it just wasn't worth it. I did not want to see a Rangers team without McD, MDZ, Kreider, or Stepan. They are the core of the future for this team and a team can't get rid of its core. Without the future core the team in the future will fail.

Then I see the Rangers get Nash. I was like 'oh crap...don't tell me they got rid of one of these guys' and then I saw the trade. What a steal! What a deal! I will of course miss Dubi and his spirit when he played, the kind of teammate he appeared to be, but he didn't live up to expectations. It was time for him to move on and maybe get a new beginning. Sometimes a player needs to start fresh to play well and I am wishing Dubi the best and hope he kicks ass. Anisimov...not much to say about him other than shotgun. A first round draft pick is also so worth it. Erixon...he may have a bright future and I feel bad he has been moved around before his career can really start but I think the Rangers didn't need him.

Rick Nash is an excellent addition to the team and he definitely appears very happy to be here in New York. I am proud of this team and I am excited for the season to come. Let's go Rangers! Now time to get the Stanley!

No comments:

Post a Comment